Saturday, September 18, 2010

Departure Day

My name is Kevin and I leave California tonight for Washington, DC for ten weeks as I intern for a political consulting firm called The Raben Group http://www.rabengroup.com/ as part of the UC Washington Program. In addition, I will take two classes, one of which will help me write a 25 page research paper and I get to take trips to Pennsylvania and Virginia throughout my stay.

Its past 2 PM California time and I have finished most of my packing. Now, all I gotta worry about is figuring how to fall asleep on my red-eye flight from Oakland to Dulles Airport (Hopefully there are no crying babies on the flight)

Before heading off to Oakland I will probably drive the Bronco and take a trip down memory lane and visit some places that I have not visited in a while. Always nice to have those nostalgic moments right before you take another big step in life.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin, enjoy what we know will be a wonderful and enriching DC experience! We look forward to following your adventures on this blog!
    Love,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete