Saturday, September 25, 2010

Air and Space Museum

Today I set my alarm for 8:30 put ended up going back to sleep and not getting up for another two hours. It was definitely worth it. After myself and my roommates Maurice and Daniel ready we headed for the Metro and arrived at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. As it was last time, this will probably be one of the the highlights of my weekend excursions.

To name a few things I saw were, John Glenn's spacesuit and Mercury Capsule, the Apollo 11 capsule and capsule hatch, a moon rock, the original Wright Brother's plane, World War 1 and 2 airplanes, bombs, and bullets, several replicas of Space Race rockets, and replicas of various Jet engine planes.

This visit was quicker than last time and since I already had an idea of what I saw last time I wanted to focus more of my time on the airplane exhibits because I was focused on the space section of the Museum. The Wright Brother's exhibit was very well done as was the World War 2 exhibit, the Apollo exhibit, and the main front entrance exhibit which included several rockets and places that dominate American aviation and space history. To try and explain all that I saw would take way to long so all the pictures I took during my time at the museum are on the link below.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2093456&id=1438410637&ref=mf

One last note, I don't know about the Cal v. Arizona or Oregon v. Arizona State games but Stanford looked great this week and next week should be interesting in Eugene.

No comments:

Post a Comment