Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cool October and Red Mass

Fall is approaching DC. Yesterday, it rained for most of the day and cool enough that it reminded me of a rainstorm that may blow though California in the winter. For the rest of the week it looks like the temperatures will not pass 75 degrees so the prospect of hot and humid days are low.

On Sunday morning, I went grocery shopping at the local Safeway and on my way to and from the store I realized that a nearby part of Rhode Island Avenue was blocked off. This was because the annual Red Mass at Saint Matthew's Cathedral was taking place that morning. The Vice President and five of the nine Justices from the Supreme Court and the audience at the mass was invitation-only. Before I leave DC I will probably attend at least one mass at the cathedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment