Monday, November 29, 2010

The Beginning of the End

Well, my last week of my internship is underway but it only seems like yesterday when I arrived at The Raben Group's office in September. I guess the old saying is true, time flies when you are having fun.

I have just begun what will likely be my final major assignment as I must review the voting records of every Congressman and Senator during the 111th Congress and find out how each member of Congress voted on a particular set of bills that were before them. It should take up most of the week if not all of my final three days.

Back at the UC Center, three Chiefs of Staff to three different Congressmen from California attended the Center's weekly forum and discussed their experiences, perspectives, and insights as a Chief of Staff on Capitol Hill. The most stunning revelation was that each Chief of Staff took completely opposite routes in life once they finished college and none of them are originally from California, yet somehow they are all Chiefs of Staff to a California Congressman.

As I walked around the office today I realized that I had not yet taken pictures of my workspace or of The Raben Group's offices. My next post will include pictures of where I have spent my last ten weeks as an intern.

No comments:

Post a Comment